The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We will collect these types of personal information directly from you.
Collection Notice – Booking Forms
We collect personal information from you via booking forms in order to enable you to register as a delegate for events we organise, and for operational purposes in relation to the organisation and running of the event, such as administering the attendance and participation of both sponsors and delegates.
If we do not collect the information requested on the booking forms, we may not be able to process your attendance at an event.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- for operational purposes in relation to the organisation and running of the event, such as administering the attendance and participation of both sponsors and delegates;
- for sponsors of the conferences and events that you attend to contact you in regards to their product offerings;
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- sponsors of the conferences and events that you attend;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- financial services and banking providers;
- consultancy firms and independent contractors;
- auditors, lawyers and other professional service firms;
- marketing agencies and other marketing services providers;
- print/mail/digital/imaging/document management service providers;
- customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information;
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
We, and some third parties (including Google), use both first party and third party cookies to record standard internet traffic information to optimise ad selection based on age, gender, interests and past visits to our site; evaluate your interactions with ad services on our site; and serve targeted advertising on sites across the Internet.
We, and some third parties (including Google), also use first and third party cookies to optimise advertising on our websites.
Importantly, we do not combine the anonymous information collected through Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
To opt out of these features at any time, simply change your Google Ads
settings by clicking here. Alternatively, you
Advertising Initiative opt-out page (see http://networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed).
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
Forefront Events Pty Ltd
Phone: +612 9275 8848
Address: Level 45, 680 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA
Last update: 5 November 2019